Call for Proposals: 2018 EALTA Pre-Conference Workshops
18 July 2017
Proposals are invited to lead one of next year’s Pre-Conference Workshops preceding the 2018 EALTA (European Association for Language Testing and Assessment) Fifteenth Annual Conference at the TestDaF-Institut, Ruhr-Universität, Bochum, Germany.
The workshops begin at 2pm on Tuesday 22 May 2018, and continue all day on Wednesday 23 May, finishing at midday on Thursday 24 May. The Conference itself starts with the opening reception on the Thursday evening and runs until midday on Sunday 27 May 2018.
EALTA invite workshop leaders to submit proposals on the following topics, based on feedback from EALTA members:
- Research methods in language testing and assessment;
- Statistics: Analysing test results (using Facets, Winsteps, R…);
- Quality assurance: Test construction and item writing;
- Speaking assessment: Oral examiner training; and
- Technology-based assessment.
Proposals are also invited for workshops on other assessment-related topics.
In your proposal, please briefly outline the following:
- The topic of the workshop;
- The intended learning outcomes;
- The contents that your workshop will cover;
- The methods you will engage the participants in;
- Any specific background or prior knowledge you expect the participants to have;
- Pre-workshop activities, such as preparatory reading (please state sources);
- The maximum number of participants you would be willing to accept (usually up to 30); and
- Your suitability to run such a workshop (supported by a very brief CV).
EALTA will reimburse reasonable travel costs, up to three nights’ accommodation during the workshop period, and also provide a per diem at the standard European rate for a maximum of two workshop leaders. You will also be invited to the conference dinner.
Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 September 2017.
Further details about the Conference will be available at www.ealta.eu.org.
Back to news