Call for new BALEAP course Accreditation Scheme (BAS) Assessors
13 April 2022
Become a BAS Assessor
Experience requirements for the assessor role:
- Carrying out accreditation of learning and teaching provision on behalf of an accreditation body &/or inputting at a more strategic level within an education institution into programme accreditation/validation/review decisions and/or experience as an external examiner
- Designing, overseeing delivery of, and evaluating EAP provision for student success in diverse teams and contexts
- Engaging in scholarship &/or leadership informed by contextual evidence in a field relevant to EAP practice.
(Please note: experience of teaching or leading a BAS-accredited course is not an essential requirement for assessors)
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon (UK time) on Mon 25 April 2022.
The cover letter (500-750 words) should outline the following:
- The outcomes and impact of your experience in relation to each of the three requirements above (please select key highlights here rather than providing a full detailed list of your experience).
- How the principles of BAS accreditation (contextualisation, constructive alignment and collaboration) are evidenced in your work to date and how this would shape your contribution to BAS as an assessor.
- How the assessor role aligns with your career and professional development aspirations.
- April 25th: submit your application
- May: shortlisted applicants will be invited to an online conversation at a mutually agreed time
- June: successful applicants attend an induction event
- (Provisionally) July – August: successful applicants shadow an accreditation visit
The shadowing experience will then inform a final decision about the applicant taking up a full assessor role.
Back to news