BALEAP Executive Committee News
10 January 2018
BALEAP recently invited members to stand for election to the Executive Committee. For each role, no more than one nomination has been received, so the new post holders will be confirmed by the AGM in March.
Sarah Brewer, Incoming Chair (to become Chair in 2019)
John Slaght, Testing Officer
Gary Riley-Jones, TEAP Officer
Conrad Heyns, Incoming BAS Chair (to become BAS Chair in 2019)
As two of these changes include current members moving to other roles, their current roles will become vacant after the AGM. We are therefore issuing a:
2nd CALL FOR NOMINATIONS 2018
Nominations are now invited for the following two positions on the BALEAP Executive Committee.
Events Officer (2018-2021)
Ordinary Member (2018 – 2021)
For details of the posts, please visit the website
Proposer, seconders and nominees must be members of BALEAP (individual or institutional).
- Nominee either contacts a proposer and seconder OR proposer and seconder contact the nominee.
- Nominee sends an email to admin@BALEAP.org (copied to proposer and seconder) stating the position as a subject line and including a short statement (max 150 words) about themselves and how they would hope to contribute to BALEAP through the role.
- Nominations close on January 23rd.
- The list of nominees (with proposer, seconder and statement) will be circulated to the BALEAP discussion list in the last week of January.
- Institutional reps will gather preferences from their institutional members.
- Where there is more than one nomination, elections will take place electronically in February. Only two reps may vote for each institutional membership. Individual members have one vote.
- New members will be confirmed in their roles at the AGM in March.
Back to news