|Job Type||fixed-term, full time|
Applications are sought from suitably experienced and qualified tutors to teach on our pre-sessional EAP programmes in July, August and September 2017. The pre-sessional programmes are intensive courses which aim to prepare students who hold conditional offers for studying at undergraduate and postgraduate level at the University.
You will join a team of experienced, committed and supportive EAP practitioners and will be teaching on a BALEAP accredited, well-organised and effectively managed course. This is a full-time role with up to 20 hours of contact time, regular marking and staff meetings.
The course dates are as follows and include paid induction:
The 8 week programme: 13 July – 8 September 2017
The 4 week programme: 10 August – 8 September 2017
There may also be additional opportunities in June and early July.
Candidates should have:
• UCLES DELTA or equivalent, or Master’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. TEFL/ TESOL/ ELT/ EAP/ Applied Linguistics).
• Substantial experience of teaching EFL and/or ESP.
• Ability to teach EAP to students with varying English levels and of different nationalities.
• Ability to communicate accurately and fluently at a very high level of English proficiency in both speech and writing.
• Good IT skills.
• Ability to manage time and workload as well as work flexibly and professionally with students and colleagues.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ideally candidates will have experience of teaching EAP in a UK Higher Education environment, particularly on pre-sessional courses.
• Teaching on the Pre-sessional Programmes in English for Academic Purposes following a clearly defined curriculum and using provided materials.
• Ensuring that all aspects of course delivery meet required standards and learning objectives.
• Providing one-to-one academic support for students, including advice on language, academic discourse and academic skills.
• Defining individual and groups of students’ learning objectives, assessing students’ progress and providing high quality written and verbal formative and summative feedback on assessed work.
• Preparing lessons and completing lesson plans.
• Keeping accurate student attendance records and reporting any absences immediately.
• Marking of all homework assignments and module assessments in a timely manner using set criteria; reporting marks within the deadlines required.
• Attending weekly staff meetings and any scheduled standardisation meetings, plus any other meeting which may be required.
• Collaborating with other staff members to ensure good practice.
• Any other teaching or administrative duties appropriate to the role of the person appointed.
£27,629 to £32,958 per annum (pro-rata)
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Ania Bailey, Head of CELCA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For informal enquiries, please contact Ania Bailey, Head of CELCA, on +44 (0)121 204 3811 / email@example.com Chantal Burden, Deputy Head of CELCA and Pre-sessional Course Director on +44 (0) 121 204 3733 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to enquire about accommodation, please contact email@example.com.