|Institution||University of Liverpool|
The ELC is currently looking for suitably qualified and inspirational EAP teachers to deliver its summer pre-sessional courses to predominantly postgraduate students holding offers for programmes across the three faculties of Humanities & Social Science, Science & Engineering, and Health & Life Sciences. Approximately half the pre-sessional cohort will progress to postgraduate taught programmes in the University of Liverpool Management School.
Course dates are as follows:
• Tutor induction: Mon 8th June – Weds 10th June
• Student start date: Thurs 11th June
• Tutor induction: Wed 24th June – Friday 26th June
• Student start date: Mon 29th June
• Tutor induction: Weds 22nd July – Friday 24th July
• Student start date: Mon 27th July
All three courses finish on Friday 4th September 2020 and the teaching contract will include a paid 3-day tutor induction.
Post holders will be responsible for delivering academic English and academic skills development to international students, advising on student progress, encouraging autonomous learning and the marking of formative and summative assessments. Teachers can expect to have 18 hours of contact time per week (including tutorials) and up to 1.5 hours of cover per week (as required). All materials are provided.
Required qualifications and experience
• DELTA or equivalent (E.g., CELTA & MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or similar)
• Prior experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes within a HE context
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, collegiality & team work skills, positivity and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility to adapt to the course requirements
£33,518 p/a (pro-rata) + 16.88% annual leave pro rata
Subsidised accommodation on campus will be available on request, subject to availability.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com, entering ‘Pre-sessional Job Application’ in the subject line. Please indicate which course length(s) you are interested in being considered for.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis from March 2020 and will continue until all posts are filled.