|Institution||University of Reading|
|Job Type||Permanent, full time|
|Location||Whiteknights Campus, Reading, UK|
The International Study and Language Institute (ISLI) delivers academic English, academic study skills and courses for external clients, among a wide range of other activities. This work supports the University’s international students and the academic staff involved in their teaching and development, as well as driving forward the University’s Global Engagement Strategy.
EAP Lecturers are on teaching-intensive academic contracts and teach across one or more of ISLI’s programme areas: the Pre-Sessional English programme, the Academic English Programme (In-Sessional provision), the International Foundation Programme, professional development courses, the visiting students’ programme, the University-wide Global Graduate modules, and transnational education provision.
The appointee will be Programme Director for the recently reviewed PSE summer programme for four years in the first instance, with academic and operational oversight for the large Pre-sessional cohort studying in the summer vacation period for 14, 10 or 6 weeks, after which there will be the option to move into another role within ISLI.
You will have:
– A relevant postgraduate qualification (Applied Linguistics/TESOL/EAP) and ideally a Level 7 teaching qualification (DELTA, DipTESOL, PGCE)
– Experience teaching EAP and Academic Literacies in a range of contexts
– Ability to lead, manage and develop teaching staff and teaching programmes
– Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues within and beyond the School
– An active interest in EAP-related scholarship of teaching and learning.
This is a permanent appointment at Lecturer level (£42,149-£51,800 per annum), with starting spinal point determined by experience and the opportunity to apply in the future for personal promotion to the grade of Associate Professor.
Apply online via this link – https://jobs.reading.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=10739