|Institution||The University of Manchester|
|Job Type||Fixed term, full time|
What does the role involve?
· Teaching: delivering EAP classes in an engaging and communicative manner for up to
21 hours per week following the syllabus using the in-house materials provided
· Assessment: assessing student performance and providing appropriate feedback and
guidance in academic tutorials (included in the 21 hours). All training for this will be
· Administration: undertaking any relevant teaching administration including accurate
attendance recording and maintaining clear tutorial records
· Meetings: actively participating in weekly course meetings and CPD sessions
· Evaluation: evaluating the materials in the light of your experiences
This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be required.
£34,189 pro rata per annum
6 weeks: £4,735.08 (gross)
The salary includes accrued holiday entitlement which you will take at the end of the course.
Free accommodation is available to those living outside the Manchester area for up to 45 nights
(normal residence is over 30 miles away from the University).
What can we offer you?
· a fully paid pre-course induction programme
· a competitive salary with holiday pay
· an incremental increase in salary for experienced returning tutors
· a supportive team of professional and experienced colleagues
· a programme of professional development workshops
· the opportunity to work at one of the UK’s top University Language Centres
· You should complete the online application form and upload a CV of no more than 2 A4 pages to: www.manchester.ac.uk/connect/jobs/
· Interviews will be held on a rolling basis before and after the closing date until they are all filled. Positions fill up quickly so please make sure you apply early
· All interviews will be via Skype and you will be required to complete a task prior to