|Institution||INTO Newcastle University|
|Job Type||Fixed term, full time|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne - City Centre|
We are currently recruiting a number of Academic English Teachers to teach on two such programmes for a fixed term period over the summer. The dates of each programme are as follows:
• Pre-Sessional 10-week Programme: Monday 22nd June to Friday 4th September 2020
• Pre-Sessional 6-week Programme: Monday 20th July to Friday 4th September 2020
To teach English for Academic Purposes (EAP) to international students on the Pre-Sessional English (PSE) programme.
• Successful candidates will teach 20 contact hours per week, with no requirement to participate in the students’ social programme.
• Complete schemes of work and materials are provided, but the need for flexibility is acknowledged.
• The successful candidate will take part in a week-long induction which provides an overview of the programme, guidance on delivery of the syllabus and training on key aspects of EAP.
• We are happy to consider applicants with a range of teaching qualifications and experience.
• Previous experience of teaching Academic English or Pre-Sessional is clearly an advantage, but not essential. As mentioned elsewhere, induction, support and development opportunities are provided to help teacher make the transition.
• Our teachers are a mixture of native and non-native English speakers.
Please see Person Specification in the Job Description for further details of essential and desirable characteristics.
• £28, 565 per annum (pro rata)
• Holiday pay of £470 for 10-week teachers (6 days) or £310 for six-week teachers (4 days) is paid on completion of the contract.
• A high level of support and development, both before and during the programme, offers a thorough grounding in EAP, and provides an introduction to the field. It may also account for the high return rate of teaching staff of about 60%.
• The induction week is paid at the full rate.
• Free and subsidised accommodation is available
• To apply, please complete the attached application form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications will be considered until the starting date of the programme.
• Interviews will normally be conducted face-to-face at INTO Newcastle University, but can be conducted via Skype for those applicants not in the North East of England.
Please note that teachers must be available for the full duration of the programme