|Institution||University of York International Pathway College|
|Job Type||0.6fte fixed term (maternity cover)|
|Location||University of York campus, York, UK|
The University of York International Pathway College (IPC) seeks to appoint an English Language and Study Skills Tutor (0.6fte) to join our teaching team.
This is a maternity cover post and your responsibilities will include teaching approximately 12 hours per week, conducting tutorials, administering and marking high-stakes assessments and providing feedback to students. Teaching will be predominantly on campus.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate they have the appropriate skills, experience and qualifications for the context of the teaching role
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
● Undergraduate degree or equivalent
● Relevant level 5 teaching qualification e.g. Cambridge ESOL CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or PGCE in English/modern languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary
● Relevant level 7, or be working towards (minimum one module completed), language teaching Diploma e.g. Cambridge ESOL DELTA, Trinity Dip TESOL or a PGCE (with relevant subject specialism
● Knowledge of ELT within the context of English for Academic Purposes and Higher Education
● Knowledge and understanding of technology enhanced learning
● High level of digital literacy and ability to make the best use of IT systems, devices and software applications such as Google Workspace for Education
● Awareness of assessment techniques for writing and speaking skills, and providing effective feedback
● Ability to deliver teaching sessions, and contribute to team-taught course units
● Ability to mark written work, presentations, projects, and examinations with reference to language and study skills, and provide appropriate feedback to students
● Able to supervise student work, provide advice on study skills, and assist with learning problems
● Capable to take on specific administrative activities, paying due regard to detail and timekeeping
● Experience in a relevant area of English Language Teaching including some experience of English for Academic Purposes
● Experience in teaching international students from different cultural and language backgrounds, and familiarity with associated challenges and opportunities.
To be considered for the teaching role, you will need to live in York, or be within travelling distance to the University of York, have a UK bank account, UK National Insurance Number and be able to work in the
UK and agree to reside in the UK for the duration of your contract.
£30,487 -£34,980 (pro rata for 0.6fte)
Please complete the online application available on the University of York website. You will be required to attach a CV, and a covering letter which outlines how you meet the essential criteria as detailed in the person specification for the teaching role. Please limit your covering letter to two pages.
To apply: https://jobs.york.ac.uk/vacancy/language-and-study-skills-tutor-maternity-cover-542333.html