|Institution||Beijing-Dublin International College|
|Job Type||fixed term, full time|
Beijing Dublin International College (BDIC) is a partnership between University College Dublin (UCD) and Beijing University of Technology (BJUT). BDIC is seeking to recruit English teachers to teach students on its dual-degree programmes in Engineering & Finance. It has a passionate international team of diverse cultural backgrounds. Positions are available from late-August 2021.
1. Regular teaching requirements:
a) Classroom teaching: There will be 12 to 16 regular teaching hours per week, focusing on English for Academic Purposes. Teaching will take place on the BJUT campus in Beijing.
b) Specific teaching assignments: assigned by the BDIC English Department 2-4 weeks ahead of the start of each semester.
c) Office Hours: Office Hours are required weekly (6-8 classroom hours per-week) to offer tutorials to students.
d) Working weeks: English instructors are required to observe the university calendar of each semester and ensure their availability during all working weeks.
2. Other activities relevant to regular teaching requirements:
a) Plan lessons to meet the learning outcomes indicated in the syllabus.
b) Conduct regular formative assessments, mark and give feedback on test papers, give oral tests and submit final grades.
c) Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and be open to formative classroom observation and appraisal from the relevant programme coordinator.
d) Fulfil other duties as assigned, which may include, but are not necessarily limited to additional lectures, curriculum development and review, seminars, and extra-curricular activities.
1. Successful candidates will be offered a monthly salary of 14,445 to 20,000 RMB before tax commensurate with the role and their level of education and work experience.
2. Housing: A fully-furnished on-campus apartment or a monthly allowance of 5,000 RMB.
3. Annual travel allowance of 12,000RMB, payable in two instalments at the end of each semester.
4. Full medical insurance for within China.
5. Holidays: off on all Chinese public holidays. Winter and summer vacations, typically lasting 5-6 weeks each, are fully paid if covered in contract terms.
6. Subsequent contracts include a pay rise of up to 5%, full pay for the summer vacation as well as optional Christmas leave, providing certain conditions are met.
– English speaker
– Undergraduate degree
– CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent English language teaching qualification
– Two years of relevant experience
– Post-graduate qualification in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a related
– Experience of teaching in universities or training organizations
– Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes
– Experience of working in China or teaching Chinese learners
Desirable personal attributes
– Flexibility and adaptability to new cultures and lifestyles.
– Genuine fascination with language, empathy with learners and creativity.
– Conscientious and committed to high standards of professional service.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills.
– Caring attitude and desire to support the best interests of students.
– Willingness to engage in ongoing professional development.
– Self-belief and the ability to maintain classroom discipline.
– Ability to work in a team and collaborate with colleagues.
For more information, please contact Dr. Alex Runchman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Dr. Ewan Macrae (email@example.com). To apply, please send a CV and cover letter. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.