|Institution||Study Group- LJMU International Study Centre|
|Job Type||Permanent, Full Time|
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Liverpool International Study Centre and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with Liverpool John Moores University. You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our education strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a tutor, you will add to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials and delivery across a range of modules or within a subject area.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative Tutor. The right candidate will have a natural ability to motivate students and deliver high quality teaching as well as carrying out relevant pastoral functions. You will enjoy working with international students, be performance driven and be able to work co-operatively and flexibly with other colleagues. Commitment to providing an interesting and effective learning experience to our students is also key.
• Provide academic coordination for designated module(s) in the role of Module Coordinator
• Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
• Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules within your subject area.
• Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a normal teaching load of up to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
• Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students.
• Develop and update course material for related modules, including module material on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
• Providing academic guidance and support to a designated group of students through the tutorial system.
• Work with the college’s Student & Academic Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
• Enhance student outcome opportunities via module development, teaching and learning.
• Engage in scholarly activity to ensure the delivery of modules is current.
• Develop and promote student activities to promote student engagement and enhance the student experience.
• Monitor student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms and take appropriate actions to encourage students to improve across these three areas, where necessary.
• Maintain up to date records of student attendance and assessment grades.
• Provide cover where necessary and when it is possible for you to do so.
• Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme.
• Fully use centre systems to log and monitor student attendance.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance.
• Complete sponsor reports and academic reports for students.
• Take up opportunities to become (for example) a Champion in ELearning; VLE development and undertake Peer Observation activities.
• A minimum of a CELTA qualification.
• A DELTA would be hugely advantageous or a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered.
• Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment.
• Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday
• Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
£25,540 per annum