|Institution||King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals|
|Job Type||Permanent, full-time|
|Location||Dhahran, Saudi Arabia|
Candidates are invited to apply for a position as a Lecturer in the English Language Department. Located in Dhahran, on the Arabian Gulf, KFUPM is an English-medium university of science, technology, and business.
The English Language Department (ELD) teaches three undergraduate English courses:
• An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshman composition, reading, and academic vocabulary)
• An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing, presentation skills, and term report)
• Academic and Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, job-seeking strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills)
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semesters (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD faculty teach four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hours per week. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses each semester and typically have responsibility for 90-100 students.
Applicants need a first degree in any discipline and a master’s degree or a PhD in a TESOL/TEFL-related discipline (e.g., TESOL, Applied Linguistics, English, Creative Writing, Journalism) from a top-500 university on QS rankings. They should also have at least three years’ full-time teaching experience.
The ELD expects to recruit new male and female faculty for the start of the autumn semester in August 2023.
• Two-year renewable contracts
• Very competitive tax-free salaries
• End-of-service gratuity
• Additional remuneration through the evening and summer programs may be available
• 60 days’ annual leave, as well as generous statutory holidays (e.g., Eid breaks)
• Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
• Monthly transportation allowance
• Free furnished, air-conditioned, campus-based accommodation with free utilities and house maintenance
• Educational allowance for school-age children
• Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
• Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and nearby private beach on the Arabian Gulf
• Located in a tri-city metropolitan area that includes Dammam International Airport
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.