|Institution||University of Dundee|
English for International Students (EIS) is a BALEAP- and British Council- accredited language centre. The centre plays a key role in the delivery of institutional excellence regarding academic literacy and language skills of international students in an enhancement-led approach to delivering first-class student experience. We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as the Deputy Head of EIS, working with the Head on the academic development, delivery (teaching), and management of EIS programmes, including the further development of discipline-specific pathways as required and taking responsibility for staff development and the line-management of EAP tutors. Part of the role will involve deputising for the Head of EIS on occasion. Candidates should apply if they are interested in joining a dynamic and fast-paced team working to deliver an outstanding student experience.
Your priorities will include:
– Managing the teaching team in EIS
– Leading on staff development and training in EIS
– Developing discipline-specific in-sessional provision
– Working collaboratively with academic schools to identify opportunities for EIS provision
Who we are looking for:
– Someone with considerable HE experience working in international education
– Someone with an interest in EAP scholarship and research
– Someone with a clear understanding of the learning needs of international students, and experience in supporting them within a HE context
– Someone with excellent project management skills- organised. effective, and able to manage multiple projects work within tight timescales, whilst maintaining high standards.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well as a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
Grade 8 (£43,414- £51,805)
In order to be considered in the recruitment process, your application must be formalised by completing the online application process here: https://dundee.t1cloud.com/T1Default/CiAnywhere/Web/DUNDEE/Public/Function/%24ORG.REC.EXAPN.WIZ/RECRUIT_EXT?suite=CES&token=c95f48eb-7ded-44cc-af43-0268ffe5ea27
For further information about this position please contact the Head of EIS Amanda Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about English for International Students please visit: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/subjects/english-international-students