|Institution||Coventry University Group|
|Job Type||Fixed Term, full-time|
|Location||Hainan (Lingshui), China|
We are looking to recruit Course Leaders to manage the delivery of our new in-sessional provision in Hainan (Lingshui), China from September 2023.
The in-sessional modules are embedded into programmes delivered as part of a new collaboration between Coventry University and Communication University of China (Communication University of China – Coventry College). The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) modules will support successful study on Engineering and Arts & Humanities programmes at Undergraduate, Masters and PhD level. The successful candidate will be based in Hainan as delivery of these modules is expected to be face-to-face. However, remote delivery may be undertaken temporarily if circumstances require it.
You will lead a team of teachers to ensure appropriate implementation and delivery of the in-sessional syllabus to the highest standards. You will lead tutor and student inductions, undertake tutor observations (with guidance as appropriate), lead standardisation and moderation of assessment marking, and weekly staff meetings. You will monitor student progress throughout and support accurate reporting of student progress by tutors at the end of the course.
• 36.5 hours per week
• Support from UK-based team (Associate Director, Admin team)
• 24-month initial contract with possibility of extension based on successful probationary period (6 months) and performance
• Undergraduate degree
• CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent
• Diploma level qualification and/or Masters in a relevant subject
• Experience of teaching on and managing/leading a pre-sessional, international Foundation and/or in-sessional programme
• Experience of EAP syllabus and materials design for both face-to-face and remote teaching contexts
For further information, please see the Job Description & Person Specifications.
• Salary: £37,459-£40,944 depending on qualifications and experience
• 30 days annual leave per year plus UK Bank Holidays (leave to be taken outside semester teaching times)
• Relocation allowance
• Work visa for China (dependent on successful application)
• On campus accommodation available to rent (private)
To apply, please complete the application form via the link below (CU Group posts), AND attach an up-to-date CV to your application:
Closing date: Monday 20th March (midnight); Interviews expected in w/c 27th March.