|Institution||Chang'an-Dublin International College|
|Job Type||fixed term, full time|
Chang’an-Dublin International College (CDIC) is a partnership between Chang’an University and University College Dublin, based in Xi’an, China. The college is recruiting Academic English teachers to teach students on its dual-degree programmes in Engineering. It has a passionate international team of diverse cultural backgrounds. A number of positions are available from late-August 2021. It is hoped that teaching will be delivered onsite.
1. Regular teaching requirements:
a. Classroom teaching: There will be 12 to 16 regular classroom teaching hours per week. Teaching will focus on English for Academic Purposes and may include listening, reading, speaking, and writing. Teaching is expected to take place on Chang’an University’s Weishui campus, but some online teaching may also be required.
b. Specific teaching assignments: Specific teaching assignments will be provided by the programme coordinator ahead of the start of each semester.
c. Additional duties: Instructors may be required to offer up to 8 office hours or feedback tutorials per week in addition to regular classroom teaching hours.
d. Working weeks: English instructors are required to observe the university calendar of each semester and ensure their availability during all working weeks.
2. Other activities relevant to regular teaching requirements:
a. Plan lessons to meet the learning outcomes indicated in the syllabus.
b. Conduct regular formative assessments, mark and give feedback on test papers, give oral tests and submit final grades.
c. Attend staff meetings when required and be open to formative classroom observation and appraisal from the programme coordinator.
d. Fulfil other duties as assigned, which may include, but are not necessarily limited to additional lectures, curriculum development and review, seminars, extra-curricular activities etc.
1. Successful candidates will be offered a monthly salary of 10,500 to 16,500 RMB before tax for 12 months commensurate with the role and their level of education and work experience. Other benefits, including housing and transportation allowance will be provided.
2. Full-time job: at least one-year fixed contract. The contract will include a one-month probation period.
3. A housing allowance of 1,500 RMB per month (before tax) while the teacher is in China.
4. Round-trip air ticket for a one-year contract period.
5. Off work on all Chinese public holidays.
– Proficient English speaker
– Undergraduate degree
– CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent English language teaching qualification
– Two years of relevant experience
– Post-graduate qualification in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a related discipline
– Experience of teaching in universities or training organizations
– Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes
– Experience of working in China
Desirable personal attributes
– Flexibility and adaptability to a new culture and lifestyle.
– Genuine fascination with language, empathy with learners and creativity.
– Conscientious and committed to high standards of professional service.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills.
– Caring attitude and desire to support the best interests of students.
– Willingness to engage in ongoing professional development.
– Self-belief and the ability to maintain classroom discipline.
– Ability to work in a team and collaborate with colleagues.
For more information, please contact Dr Alex Runchman (email@example.com) and/or Dr Ewan Macrae (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please email a CV and cover letter.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until all available positions are filled.