|Institution||University of Dundee|
|Job Type||Fixed term for 13 or 8 weeks|
UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE
English for International Students
TUTOR – English for Academic Purposes
for PRE-SESSIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Fixed Term 13 Weeks/8 weeks
Grade 7 (£32,236-£39,609) pro rata
Start Date 24 June 2019 or 29 July 2019
End of contract: 20 September 2018
(Holiday entitlement will be included in the contract)
Responsible for: Programme delivery (teaching and administration) Pre-sessional English for International Students Programmes
Purpose of Post: To deliver Pre-sessional English Language teaching programmes. To plan, manage and implement individual lessons and topics in accordance with the established curriculum.
1. To work as part of a team teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate international students from a variety of backgrounds embarking on degree programmes in a wide range of disciplines.
2. To teach general language points in addition to specifically academic applications of the language.
3. To prepare lessons, maintain teaching records, assess students’ work, invigilate exams, provide feedback to students, and participate in cultural and educational events, induction events and in assessment and team meetings.
4. To provide pastoral support to students.
5. To uphold the university’s policy on data security.
6. To undertake other additional duties from time to time as necessary.
Please note – we will not consider your application unless you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Job Description published on the University Jobs page.
£32,236-£39,609 pro rata plus free on-campus accommodation for those tutors normally based outside Dundee. The University will also provide a one-off contribution for relocation expenses up to £100.
Tutors will have one week’s paid induction.
To apply please go to the University External Jobs page and search for PSTU0141. https://www.dundee.ac.uk/hr/uodrecruitment/jobvacancies/
Appointments will be made until we have a full staff complement.