|Job Type||full time|
Nazarbayev University’s Center for Preparatory Studies (CPS) in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, is currently seeking qualified, experienced English teachers to begin 8 January 2020.
CPS has two academic programs: a foundation year program for undergraduate studies (NUFYP) and a pre-masters preparatory program. NUFYP is an intensive academic English (EAP) and mathematics program that prepares students for study in Nazarbayev University’s undergraduate schools. NUFYP students improve English expertise, expand mathematical competencies, and develop academic study skills in preparation for their future studies. The minimum English entry level is an overall IELTS of 6.0 and all CPS classes are taught in English. CPS also operates a one-year pre-master’s curriculum that enhances students’ English skills and prepares them for study and research in NU master’s degree programs.
As a CPS Teaching Fellow, you would teach up to 18 student-contact hours per week (e.g., lectures, seminars, office hours). Other CPS supporting tasks are required (up to 4 hours per week), such as, material/assessment development, invigilation, or supporting the Academic Learning Center. Community service is expected (~ 4 hours per week) and an opportunity for faculty to contribute to the University community (serving on CPS committees or NU Senate, developing professional workshops, etc.).
The successful candidate must have the qualifications, experience, character, and skills required to effectively teach an intensive, high-caliber preparatory undergraduate or pre-master’s curriculum in a research University in Kazakhstan. These would include:
• Completed Master’s degree in the appropriate subject area (e.g., TESL, EAP, Applied Linguistics)
• Thoughtful teaching philosophy and practical pedagogy with the ability to teach independently while delivering a unified curriculum
• Ability, shown through education and/or experience, to (1) teach high achieving students, (2) work in a multicultural educational environment, (3) collaborate as a supportive team member, and (4) live and work in Kazakhstan
• Evidence of a strong work ethic, exemplary professional and personal character, and a cooperative attitude
• Desire to contribute to Kazakhstani youth and NU’s educational development
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to follow written and oral instructions
Nazarbayev University offers:
· An internationally competitive salary for faculty teaching in preparatory programs
· 56 days of paid leave per year plus national holidays
· Rent-free housing based on family size
· Relocation allowance
· Air tickets, including dependents, twice a year to home country
· No-cost medical insurance with global coverage
· Educational allowance for dependent children
To Apply click the link and upload (in PDF if possible):
1. Curriculum Vitae: max 4 pages (normal font and spacing) including Contact Information for at least two referees who can comment on your teaching abilities, work ethic, and character, and the contact information of your current/most recent supervisor. Note: referees/employer will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted and give permission.
2. Cover Letter (max 1 page) which explains how your education and/or experience prepares you for teaching in CPS.
3. Application Information (in a separate document) that includes (1) a paragraph of 100 words or less stating your motivation for applying to CPS, (2) a sentence of 50 words or less that describes your teaching philosophy, and (3) a statement affirming your availability date, i.e., when you can arrive in Kazakhstan if offered the position.
Do not upload any other materials to your application at this time. Prior to shortlisting, candidates may be asked to complete a questionnaire.
Review of applications will begin immediately; applications will be received until 10 October 2019.
Questions regarding the program or the position can be addressed to the Director through Smart Recruiter. Additional information can be found at the official website of Nazarbayev
Nazarbayev University is an EOE.
To apply click the link https://smrtr.io/3rbGC