Summer Pre-Sessional Tutors for English for Academic Purposes
InstitutionUniversity of Edinburgh
Job TypeEAP teachers. Vacancies also for ESP teachers and Teacher Educators.
LocationThe English Language Teaching Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
English for Academic Purposes Pre-Sessional Programme 2014
Teachers required to teach using prepared programme materials.
• 3 week EAP course: 30 June - 18 July. (Induction: tbc 26-27 June)
• 3 week EAP course: 21 July- 8 August (Induction 18 July)
• 4 week EAP courses: 11 August- 5 September. (Induction: 8 August)
Posts available for one or more courses (3-10 weeks)
• full-time teaching English for Academic Purposes
• teaching 20 timetabled hours
• lesson preparation, written and oral feedback to students, final assessments and writing reports
• attending the induction programme and in-course meetings and workshops.
• a Diploma in English teaching/PGCE with substantial TEFL component, or postgraduate Diploma-level qualifications fully meeting the requirements of section 4.2 of the British Council’s Accreditation UK handbook: http://www.britishcouncil.org/accreditation_uk_handbook_2014-15.pdf (p. 45ff)
• a minimum of 3 years, appropriate, successful teaching experience, ideally in EAP or a related field at tertiary level, including teaching multilingual classes for substantial periods .
• an appropriate post-graduate Masters degree
• excellent relevant references
Appropriate experience at tertiary level of teaching English in: Social Sciences or Engineering or Science or Law or Business Masters or Education/Applied Linguistics.
Job SalaryOur pay rates are currently under review. A limited amount of subsidised accommodation in the University area will be available.
Further Information & how to apply
For further information or to apply, send full CV with contact details to: ELTC Summer School Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be interviewed by skype or in person, as appropriate.
Deadline: Open, until filled.